Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Evolution of "Seduction and the Rose Queen"

Evolution of "Seduction and the Rose Queen" from Krista Benson on Vimeo.




This is a "how to" I put together for the image
"Seduction and the Rose Queen".
The inspiration for the image stemmed from the very first portrait image shown in the video of Jasmine kissing the frog bones. She was never wearing the dress, that is from another shoot from another model. Once I know which portrait I am using to create the image then I know my angle/perspective that I need to match to for the rest of the images. Elements are extracted from various photos by either color keying them to isolate the desired object or painfully cutting them out ( called roto work ). Also I like to gather environment images on cloudy days so there are no distinct key lights ( the sun).
The portraits were all shot in my studio.
All digital manipulation was done in PS3.
The final image is +4K in size.

model: Jasmine Worth

No comments: